Young Professional Advocates
Young Professional Advocates fosters leadership for and advocacy of Lena Pope Home, helping to educate the community about Lena Pope's purpose and work. YPAs learn about Lena Pope through unique, meaningful events and service projects.
"How wonderful that no one need wait a single moment to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Our mission as Young Professional Advocates is to grow future leadership through unity and purpose to support Lena Pope's legacy of creating hope, happiness and success for children and families.
Calendar of Events
As a YPA member you will receive an invitation for you and a guest to all YPA functions and activities. You will also receive special YPA pricing for entry to Lena Pope events. Click HERE to see our calendar.
2013 - 2014 Officers
- Chair: Courtney Summers
- Vice Chair & Pen Pal Co-Chair: Allison Miller
- Rooftop Rock Co-Chairs: Robin Cappel and Lauren Hexton
- Communications Co-Chairs: Katherine and Jonathan Morris
- Membership Chair: Amy Porter
- Education Co-Chairs: Abby Rodgers and Stephanie Bunn
- Service Chair: Mitch Curry
- Pen Pals Co-Chair: Sonya Curry
- At-Large: Lauren Kwedar Cockerell
- At-Large: Corey Scott
- At-Large: Melanie Jones
How to Get Involved
- Come to an event!
- Wednesday, October 9, 7 p.m. - Meet the YPA Steering Committee and learn more about YPA opportunities over drinks and dinner at Mariposa's
- Wednesday, October 23, 6:30-8:30 - YPA Kickoff
- Friday, October 25, 4-7 p.m. - Volunteer at Chapel Hill Academy's Fall Carnival
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 35th Fiesta de Oro (special YPA pricing)
- Saturday, May 31, 2014 - Rock the Fort (The YPA Event of the Year!)
- Participate in a service project at Chapel Hill Academy
- Come to a Community Connect Lunch to learn more about Lena Pope
Questions about YPA? Contact Sonya Curry at Scurry@lenapopehome.org or 817.255.2616