Young Professional Advocates
Young Professional Advocates fosters leadership for and advocacy of Lena Pope Home, helping to educate the community about Lena Pope Home's purpose and work. YPAs learn about Lena Pope Home through unique, meaningful events and service projects.
You do not want to miss this event! Rock the Fort is planned and hosted by the Lena Pope Home Young Professional Advocates (YPAs). A collaboration of the various creative minds that make up the YPA membership, this is THE YPA event of the year!
Our mission as Young Professional Advocates is to grow future leadership through unity and purpose to support Lena Pope Home's legacy of creating hope, happiness and success for children and families.
Calendar of Events
As a YPA member you will receive an invitation for you and a guest to all YPA functions and activities. You will also receive special YPA pricing for entry to Lena Pope Home events. Click HERE to see our calendar.
2012 - 2013 Officers
- Chair: Corey Scott
- Vice Chair & Rooftop Rock Co-Chair: Courtney Summers
- Rooftop Rock Co-Chair: Melanie Jones
- Communications Co-Chairs: Katherine Niederer and Jonathan Morris
- Membership / Volunteer: Allison Miller
- Education: Amy Porter
- Service Project: Will Rodgers
- Pen Pals Co-Chairs: Randi Mitchell and Sonya Curry
- At-Large: Lauren Kwedar
- At-Large: Brandon Waits
How to Get Involved
- Come to an event!
- Monday, February 25 is Math & Science Night at Chapel Hill Academy
- Tuesday, April 16 - Fiesta de Oro (special YPA pricing)
- Saturday, June 1 - Rock the Fort (THE YPA event of the year)
- Participate in a service project at Chapel Hill Academy
- Come to a Community Connect Lunch to learn more about Lena Pope Home